Sunday, August 2, 2009

Unfinished Business

I thought that when Allison and I got through the full twenty six miles on October 7, 2007 that we had actually finished the marathon. After all, I had the medal didn't I? Sure, we had been forced to stop running at mile 17 due to the extreme heat. We walked back into Grant's Park. We didn't actually cross the finish line. Then, out of frustration, with our medals around our necks we crossed the highway to Lake Shore Drive and ran the additional 9 miles to "Finish It."

Then I saw this.


I was totally moved by this movie and now I know I have something that I have yet to complete. I need to run through Chinatown and the other places we missed. I need to cross that finish line, to raise my arms in triumph. To get this thing done, once and for all.

Come January I'll be looking to sign up for Chicago 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment